- Reduce Your Consumption: By making the switch to LED, the reduction in lighting load alone can be up to 50% or more. LED bulbs consume 80-90% less power than conventional bulbs.
- Lower Operations and Maintenance Costs: New LED technology means longer-life products which require far less periodic maintenance and bulb replacements. LED lights can last up to 60,000+ hours depending on location and application. That’s 50x longer than an incandescent, 25x longer than a halogen, and 10x longer than a CFL.
- Rapid Return on Investment: With the use of rebates and proper energy conservation measure selection, ROI can be brought down to under two years. Cash flow is usually positive immediately upon project completion.
- Improve Site Safety: Improving light levels in low light and hazardous areas can decrease the potential for accidents and create a safer work environment for both customers and staff.
- Increase Productivity: By ensuring that light levels and color temperatures are adequate and appropriate to the task being performed, LED lighting has been shown to improve employee productivity. It’s even possible to accommodate personal employee preference with individual light levels and color adjustments.
- Environmental Benefits: By reducing energy consumption through LED Retrofits, companies can reduce their carbon footprint as part of their sustainability goals. In addition to reducing energy consumption, LED bulbs don’t contain mercury or other hazardous substances.
7. Additional Control Options: LEDs offer far more control than traditional light bulbs. They can be dimmed, their color can be changed, and they can be turned on/off without shortening their lifecycle. The capabilities can easily be kicked up a notch with the addition of switches, sensors, and the integration of Smart Lighting Controls.
8. Instant Lighting: LEDs illuminate immediately and require no warm-up period which makes them an excellent fit for motion sensors and ally types of outdoor applications. Additional benefits include consistent light quality and color.
9. No Heat and Low Voltage: LEDs emit no heat as 80% of energy used for incandescent bulbs is lost as heat. This adds to the HVAC efficiency of a building. Being Low Voltage makes it easy to connect fixtures to sensors and smart controls while safer to install and maintain1
10. Long-Term Cost and Savings: All of these benefits help your company save money and become safer and more productive. LEDs last much longer than traditional bulbs reducing energy consumption and long-term operational and maintenance costs. Perhaps the unsung benefit is that employees, vendors, and constituents will feel more comfortable in your space which contributes to your profitability.